Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yo, Nerd

Yes, that's my eye in the picture. I'm blinking a lot right now. I'm trying to get used to the contacts I got today. It's only been a few hours, so I'm hesitant to make a ruling, but aside from the novelty of seeing well without glasses I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be. I wanted a panacea, but because my Rx is mostly astigmatism I'm using toric lenses that feel out of focus more often than not. Of course that also could be the new prescription. When I've gotten a new pair of glasses in the past it's taken a week or two to get used to the change. Again, it's only been two hours, so we'll see what the vibe is on it next week. In the mean time I'll try and stop staring at stuff and blinking as I'm sure it's unnerving to anyone around. Best part so far? Watching TV laying sideways on the pillow - can't do that with glasses on. If it rains, and it will, I'm excited about walking in it with out the dirty windshield effect that glasses have. That alone might make it worth it in Seattle.

No comments: