Saturday, June 9, 2007

River Rafting Saturday

I've got sore muscles that I didn't even know I had. Lindsay and I went white water rafting today on the Wenatchee river, about 3 hours East of Seattle. It was a blast and such a great way to spend time with her, and outside in nature. I've been super busy at work lately and needed the back-to-nature distraction and this fit the bill perfectly. It was pretty darn cold, and when you got hit (not splashed, but hit/slammed/doused) with a wall of water you felt it's ice water temperature bite. By the end of the trip we were all smiles; smiles framed by blue lips. Tonight we're both getting the payback of being weekend warriors, with sore muscles. I wish I had pictures, but being in white water means lots of paddling hard, trying to stay in the boat, and no time to use a camera, but the pic above is our guide company, so we looked exactly like that. Rumor has it there are some pics taken by the guide service. I'll post 'em if I see 'em. If you're ever up here and want to do raft, just let us know and we'd gladly do it again.

1 comment:

Washington Whitewater Rafting said...

Wet Planet offers Whitewater rafting and kayaking in the Columbia River Gorge - Washington and Oregon.