Saturday, April 14, 2007

Two New Things

It's been a busy week around here. Mom came up and spent Easter with Lindsay and I; it was great to have family around for the holiday (Pics of that event to come soon). Mom even got dirty and helped out with the final planting of the new back yard corner garden I started last week. I'm trying to reduce the amount of grass in the back yard, plus this area is high traffic and stays wet in the winter this this a great solution. Basically, I incorporated a French drain into a path and called it a garden. I needed to get a (literal) ton of gravel to finish it off, so I went out and bought a new truck (Tacoma 4dr pre-runner). Love it. Love it. Love it. Beats the pants off the Subaru Outback for utility and gets the same gas mileage! Notice I'm actually using the truck for hauling stuff. I know, that's as crazy taking a SUV off road. Anyways, the plants are in the ground, the rock is in place, and I'm happy as a clam to get this project done. I think it makes the yard look a lot better. I can't wait to see it all grow and fill in.

No comments: