Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ride Around the World

Remember the dances that I went to with Lindsay a few months ago? Tonight was payback. My local BMW motorcycle dealer was having an after hours slide show/talk presented by a couple that went on their honeymoon (their site here) by riding around the world on a pair of BMW F650s. That's one of their actual bikes, pictured here (left), and yes the exact bike I used to have just a few months ago (right). Lindsay was my date to this lecture, and enjoyed the talk as it had something for both of us--maybe a little more for me as I got to sit on some nice bikes and ponder new ways to get in debt. Anyways, the talk was really good. The couple are just as normal as anyone you'd meet, but decided to make their dreams, their curiosity of what's out there, come to life and embodied the 'journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step' approach to life. She had never even been on a bike, and got her license just a month before they left of the first leg from Tacoma to Central America in fact! Very inspiring story on many levels. I asked Lindsay if she wanted to go get a motorcycle and we could ride together...the jury is still out on that one, but the couple was an inspiration for more than just a long bike ride, they're very much the seize the day embodiment.

No comments: