Wednesday, May 9, 2007

NYC Unleashed

I (heart) NY. We made the trip into NYC last night, to make the banquet at the Central Park Boat House. Interestingly the Boat House looked out over the fountain from the opening scene of Friends (TV show), but we didn't find the time to run over and reinact it - probably too cute anyways. The restaurant was phenomenal, and as always I'm very thankful that I get the chance to experience things like this. Last time I was in NYC I slept in a youth hostel in Harlem and existed on $20 a day - eating only once a day. I wish I had more time to spend here, but it's not the same without Lindsay to share it with. After dinner we went down to the village and hit a few bars, including McSurleys - the best bar in the world. Hands down. It hasn't changed since it was opened in 1853. Same floors, walls, lights, you name it. I loved it. Aside from some weird drunk that showed up and we had to (try) and bounce from your party it was a great time had by all. On to another bar, filled mostly with university kids making me feel old (old is fine with me when it comes with an expense account), and we had a great time there too. I couldn't be happier with the trip. Now, I'm psyching myself up for the 5 hour flight back to Seattle - lots of podcasts and magazines ready to go. I'm glad I came out, and I'm looking forward to the next time.

No comments: