Thursday, March 8, 2007

Wine is Fine


I finally went over and reclaimed the appliance dolly that I let a gal borrow. Kind of a long story here's the short form - I traded her an Ikea wardrobe that I had for some firewood. She was moving so I loaned her my dolly. When she was done moving she left the country (Switzerland!) and never got the dolly back to me. I resisted the temptation to go over to her house and take something of hers as retribution (more firewood or something) putting my faith in karma. Well, as soon as she got back in the U.S. she emails me and arranges to leave the dolly outside her place for pick up - and she apologized for not returning my earlier emails. When I went to pick it up she had very nicely left a bottle of organic Oregon red wine on the dolly for me, complete with a nice red bow. How sweet was that? I chuckled aloud when I saw it, and my faith in karma was shored up.

No comments: